TournamentSR logo

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/28/2015 4:46 pm  #1

Pool Tournaments

Would like to see upgrade to run 2 and 4 pool tournaments with pool winners and runner ups going to final / semi finals.

1/29/2015 8:15 am  #2

Re: Pool Tournaments

Dan,
When you get a moment, please email us an example bracket showing the desired pool sizes and how you want to install the 4 finalists into an elimination ladder.  Please email the information to tournamentsr@smartrunsys.com.

We need this to understand your requirements.  For example, is a maximum of 6 wrestlers in each pool sufficient or are your pools larger?  If more than 6 are needed in each pool, do you need some wrestlers discarded after losing a few matches?
- Alex

1/31/2015 4:30 pm  #3

https://docs.google.com/a/milfordschools.org/document/d/1-XY18cZ74I0CYETJVZO_JvftrBvW6IOCS3t3EQeWawk/edit?usp=docslist_api

Alex, here is a Google doc you should be able to view. I run a couple of tournaments a year and the ad's would like a pool option.   We use baumspage.com now which works great but is not that user friendly.  Here is a link to a tournament on that site I would love to see you offer the setup for.

By the way used for the first time yesterday (ECC at Milford High School) and it went great. I updated regularly so I had no need to provide brackets to anyone. Great product!

2/02/2015 6:43 am  #4

Dan - thank you for granting access to the information.  I've downloaded the information and submitted an enhancement request.

10/04/2015 4:19 pm  #5

Any luck with setting this up for this season?

10/07/2015 6:24 am  #6

Dan,

The enhancement was not addressed this summer and won't be available this season.  We took too long getting 32-man, 1 day ladders and 64-ladder support.

I'm hoping we'll have time to add pool support this winter.  The feature would then be available next spring or summer.

- Alex

1/15/2016 10:57 pm  #7

We are running our tournament this weekend and were just discussing wanting that same option. Have pools of 3-5 wrestlers, with the ability to send the pool winners to a championship match against each other or to a 4 man tourney. Would be a great way to guarantee tons of matches.

Pete Kopplin
NWC Wrestling, Colbert, WA

1/15/2016 11:00 pm  #8

Also called Swiss-style tournaments.

Pete Kopplin
NWC Wrestling, Colbert, WA

3/14/2016 3:02 pm  #9

Today we approved adding pool tournament support for this fall.  The work will be performed this summer and has not been completely specified.  We need feedback on which round-robin and elimination bracket sizes need to be supported.  We also need input on team point and tie-breaker rules needed to set the round-robin placings.

I will attempt to contact Dan and Pete (posted above).  Anyone else who wants input on what support is needed should contact me at the email address: smartrun@comcast.net.

6/14/2016 4:52 am  #10

Looking for software to do the same exact thing.  Was also maybe looking to have the second place in each pool go to a losers semi if the win they would wrestle for 5/6th place.

Board footera