TournamentSR logo

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/30/2019 10:00 pm  #1

Supporting Staggered Start Times

We would like to run staggered start times for our tournaments. 
Example would be ages 5-6 and 7-8 would start at 9:00 AM. These wrestlers would weigh-in early and prepare to wrestle prior to 9:00.

The next group would be ages 9-10 and 11-12 and they would start at 11:00 AM. This group would weigh in at approx. 9:00 AM and have time to prep for wrestling after the first group clears out.

The third group (all remaining) would be scheduled to start at 1:00 PM and their weigh in would be at 11:00.

The issue would be once we start the tournament how do we add, remove, or manipulate the changes of the added age groups to the tournament. Example would be one wrestler missed weight and needs to be moved up. Additionally the Registration/Weigh-In feature or program would not be usable due to the tournament already being started. If we have "no-shows," VERY COMMON, or walk up registration for the upcoming age groups it would be very difficult to make the changes. We would have to do withdrawals from tourney and emergency bracket repairs for any additions.

Currently, I believe that sessions can only be configured by rounds. I would like to see if it is possible to configure the sessions by age groups. That would make it possible to hold the age groups and have tournament SR not print the bouts until the designated time.  I assume that would minimize the bouts being printed prior to the bracket repairs or withdrawals.  Please let me know if this is a plausible feature.               

5/23/2019 7:08 am  #2

Re: Supporting Staggered Start Times

Playing with the program I figured out how the user can stagger start times per bracket. Just need to go to each individual bracket and identify what round and time you would like that bracket to start.  The only issue now would be having to add, remove, or modify brackets that start later in the day. If there is something I am not catching or if there is potential to have the developers come up with a fix please let me know.

Board footera