TournamentSR logo

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/13/2015 10:30 am  #1

Flagging non-scoring teammates instead of "-" team

When entering participants, it would be great if, in addition to seeding, there was a "scores team points" dropdown (yes, no, with default Yes) or check box (default checked).  
Here is the scenario where a team of "-" doesn't work so well... you have a freshman tournament, a lot of these kids are brand new to the sport, and they need mat time, but they need it with non-teammates.  Since the software already puts teammates on opposite sides of the bracket when possible, if we could simply flag the "B" & "C" wrestlers as non-scoring (and in the background, SR wouldn't count any team points for those wrestlers), it would take no extra time at all.
My only solution this weekend was to create a whole bunch of extra teams, i.e. have "XYS High School" which I kept the scores for, and "XYS High School - B Team" which I ignored.  This entails several extra steps, and does not prevent these wrestlers from being on the same side of the bracket automatically.  Simply having one team of "-" wrestlers doesn't work for the above reason as well as calling them to the mat - we had 8 different "Lopez" entries, two in the same weight, and not having the school to call them up would be chaos (and the turnout was small this year).

12/13/2015 6:38 pm  #2

Re: Flagging non-scoring teammates instead of "-" team

Lori:

We support what you are requesting, just the mechanism is different.  Adding the suffix "-NS" to the last name of any wrestler causes them to not contribute to their team's score.  They remain assigned to their actual team and are therefore subject to the normal same team avoidance rules.

This feature is noted as the third "Hint" on page 16 of Quick Start Guide and the third "NOTE" on page 14 of the Reference Manual.

Board footera