TournamentSR logo

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/25/2017 10:07 am  #1

5-match rule

I think that the rule states that, if one wrestler has reached 5 matches wrestled, and his opponent has not, then the opponent will be awarded the higher place.  Is there a way to (a) print out the number of matches wrestled for each wrestler on the bracket when there is a tie for the placing; or (b) place the wrestler with the lesser matches as the higher placing when there is a tie due to the 5-match rule?

1/25/2017 4:24 pm  #2

Re: 5-match rule

For the purposes of this post, I'm assuming you are describing a standard 16 wrestler, double elimination ladder without pigtail matches.  For such brackets, you want an enhancement where the program automatically chooses a winner based on which one hasn't already competed in 5 matches.  Correct?

We don't currently have a mechanism for printing per-wrestler match counts.  I'm assuming such a feature isn't needed if the program automatically chooses the winner per above.  We have a variety of 16 and 32 wrestler brackets that limit the possible matches for all wrestlers to 5.

CURRENT WORK AROUND:
Enable the feature that automatically ties matches where wrestlers have hit the 5 match limit.  This is selected using "File"/"Ladder/Misc. preferences..." menu, "Force a tie after 5 completed matches" check box.  Just before the consolation finals, review each ladder for automatic ties for 3rd and 5th.  There won't be many.  By reviewing the ladder, you can manually determine if one of the two wrestlers didn't compete in 5 matches.  You can then manually change the result from "Tie" to the wrestler that finished higher.  Change the score to "Skipped" which is a way to annotate a winner while indicating the match wasn't contested.

1/28/2017 9:29 pm  #3

Yes, your assumptions are correct.  I went back into the tournament and changed the "tie" to the winner based on the number of matches.  The result was changed to "skipped".  For those matches that had both wrestlers at the 5 match limit, I left the result as a "tie".  One more question:  Are the team totals updated to reflect the placings that I made manually?

1/29/2017 9:41 pm  #4

Yes, the scoring is updated whenever you change a match result or team scoring preference.

Board footera