TournamentSR logo

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/05/2013 2:09 pm  #1

Tournament Question

Hi there,

I plan on running a tournament on December 28th, and I have also purchased the TournamentSR program.

The tournament consists of both a JV and Varsity tournament.

Now, in order to keep it organized, can I do the JV and Varsity on seperate programs, or do I have to do them all on one program?

If so, is there any way I can implement it so that it doesn't affect the Varsity team scores?

Last edited by mountdiablowrestling (12/05/2013 2:10 pm)

Facebook.com/mountdiablowrestling
mountdiablowrestling@gmail.com

12/06/2013 3:11 pm  #2

Re: Tournament Question

You can either run two instances of the program (one for varsity and one for JV) or you can do both using a single instance of the program.

If you want to run two copies of the program on the same computer (one for varsity and one for JV), you can do that, but be warned of the following:

- Only one of the two program copies can be used on the WiFi.
- Bout cards from each copy of the program will have the same number.  You must therefore be very careful to enter the results of a bout into the correct copy of TournamentSR.

If you want to do everything in one tournament file running the program once do the following:

- After creating the weight classes for the varsity wrestlers, manually create additional brackets for the JV wrestlers.  Use the "Bracket list" button to add more brackets.  For example, if you have a 106 bracket for varsity wrestlers, create a bracket named 106-JV for the JV wrestlers.
- If you don't want any of the JV wrestlers to contribute to team scoring, append "-NS" to their names (e.g. "John Smith" becomes "John Smith-NS".  Anyone whose name ends in "-NS" doesn't contribute to team scores.

Great question!

12/15/2013 10:29 pm  #3

Sorry for the late reply.

Anyways, thank you so much for your help.
I actually think it will be a lot easier for me to run the tournament on two seperate programs in order to stay organized, since I plan on running Round 1 JV first anyways, and begin Round 1 Varsity afterwards.

Thanks for the info!

Facebook.com/mountdiablowrestling
mountdiablowrestling@gmail.com

6/27/2017 2:23 pm  #4

TournamentSR v7.0.0 (released today) has many features to assist running JV and Varsity tournaments at the same time.  Per-match bonus, advancement, and/or placement points can be disabled on a per-bracket basis.  The JV brackets can therefore be scoring (normal) or non-scoring as you see fit.

You can also specify the initial round number for each bracket.  If the JV brackets are much smaller than the varsity brackets, you can have them start in a later round (e.g. round 2 or 3).

Board footera