TournamentSR logo

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/01/2017 8:19 am  #1

Running a H.S. boys and Girls Tournament at the same time.

We are going to be running a H.S. boys and Girls Tournament at the same time.  I read the thread on how to do this the best way.  I setup Boys weights classes and Girls weight classes(Girls Labeled 100G, etc.).  To be able to import the rosters it look like I will have to go into the import files/rosters and label all their girls weights the same to be able to seed them correctly.  Anyone else have any input on making this work smoothly?

12/01/2017 12:36 pm  #2

Re: Running a H.S. boys and Girls Tournament at the same time.

There are a few more things we would need to know:

1) Do you care about team scoring?
1a) If so, are there separate girls and boys team champions?
2) How many people will be helping you run this tournament (e.g. announcer, runners entering results w/ TableWorkerSR)?
3) Can you edit the rosters before, or after converting them to plain text (e.g. txt, csv)?

Please reply with the answers or email them to tournamentsr@smartrunsys.com.

12/01/2017 1:00 pm  #3

1) Do you care about team scoring?
Yes if we can, if not-not a big deal.

1a) If so, are there separate girls and boys team champions?
Yes separate Girls and Boys Champs.

2) How many people will be helping you run this tournament (e.g. announcer, runners entering results w/ TableWorkerSR)?
3 people Main Director, Announcer and Tableworker entering.

3) Can you edit the rosters before, or after converting them to plain text (e.g. txt, csv)?
Yes I can edit them before if needed.

12/02/2017 8:10 am  #4

Your alternative it fine (using unique bracket names for the girls weight classes).  Edit the roster files either before or after converting to plain text so the girl bracket names are correct.  I would also suggest creating separate team names for boys and girls.  For example, "Woodinville" would become "Woodinville Boys" and "Woodinville Girls".  This makes determining the team champions easier.

The "best" scenario would probably be to run two TournamentSR computers: one for the boys, and one for the girls tournaments.  You would therefore have separate TournamentSR files and not have to manipulate the weight class names in order to import rosters.

The AnnouncerSR computer could run two copies of the program: one connected to the boys TournamentSR computer, the other connected to the girls TournamentSR computer.  Same scenario with the TableWorkerSR computer: two copies of the program with each connected to one of the TournamentSR computers.

Board footera