TournamentSR logo

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/31/2018 4:38 pm  #1

16 Wrestler Bracket w Wrestle back starting after Quarters

I'm running a class tournament that requires wrestle backs to start after the quarters.  I know the Bracket setup should be 32 w/ 5 match limit.  The largest weight class will have 14 wrestlers.  Will all 32 line brackets still print if the lines aren't used?  I know I could use an 8 man bracket with pigtails but the pigtails don't print on the brackets.  What would you suggest as the most efficient way to set the brackets up?

2/01/2018 3:17 pm  #2

Re: 16 Wrestler Bracket w Wrestle back starting after Quarters

You didn't indicate if advancement or bonus (e.g. pin) points should be awarded during the round with 14 wrestlers.  Assuming such points should be awarded, using the 32 wrestler with 5 match limit structure is best.  No points will be awarded for the first round (of 32) byes because none of the matches are contested.

The brackets will always print the entire 32-wrestler structure.  I suggest printing them in portrait mode instead of landscape mode (the default).

2/01/2018 5:54 pm  #3

Re: 16 Wrestler Bracket w Wrestle back starting after Quarters

We want advancement and bonus to occur during the second, round of 16.  My understanding is we should be fine running it 32 w/5 match limit.  Thanks for your reply.

Board footera