TournamentSR logo

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/17/2018 1:34 am  #1

Assigning Brackets to Mats

I would like to see if it is possible to have the software tell us how many matches will be assigned to each mat as the brackets are assigned.  This will give us a quick reference to base how many brackets we can send to each and make sure we balance the potential load for each mat.  

Example would be if I assigned all weight classes from 5-6 age group to mat 1, the software would tell me that the mat will have X number of matches.  Age group to mat 2, X number.   3 would be the same with X matches.
If we see that one mat has 20 matches and the other 83 then we could redistribute the brackets to balance the workload for each mat.  I assume this would be done in the session configuration portion of the program and possibly would have to be done after the wrestlers are placed into their respective brackets. 

12/29/2018 7:13 pm  #2

Re: Assigning Brackets to Mats

Would like to see if this option can be explored.  I would like to start assigning brackets to mats and go paperless but without a way to verify the workload for each mat I am reluctant to start using it in the intended way.

I have used a hybrid method that works extremely well for us.  I have only certain weights auto assigned to mats and they never show up in the far left cued matches, they go straight to assigned mats.  The remaining are assigned by the announcer personnel.    We would like to completely eliminate the need for staging and have the wrestlers report directly to their assigned mat but I would like to see how balanced the workload will be per mat will be. 

12/31/2018 9:40 am  #3

We will investigate adding total match counts for each mat to the window that associates brackets to mats.  This is the window that appears when you click the [Locations...] button from the session configuration window.

BTW - Your "hybrid" method is why we added the "generic" location option.  I think you'll find that it is still the best way.  The disparity in the duration of each match (many ending in quick pins, others going into multiple overtimes) means balancing the match count doesn't result in keeping all mats busy.

5/23/2019 7:12 am  #4

Would like to see if this aspect is still in consideration.  

Board footera